Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program aims to train the mind to be awake and calm, increase body awareness and provide mindful and skillful ways to deal with life’s difficulties and enjoy its everyday gifts/offerings.
We will do these through movement, meditation, mini-lectures, interactive activities, home practice and sharing of our experiences in the group. Course requires commitment to attendance and to home practices, which will be interesting and joyful daily practices up to 45 min.
In this course we will learn in a joyful, interactive way, supported by a group:
- What stress is (physiological mechanism of stress)
- What triggers stress in me
- When stressed, which thoughts, feelings arise and what do I do automatically
- How can I learn to recognize stress, learn ways to calm my mind and body and choose to respond mindfully
- How can I learn to take care of my mind and body and respect my limits to nourish holistic health and prevent burnout
- How can I learn to take care of myself to nourish my positive thought, emotional and bodily habits and liberate myself from those that lead to vicious cycles
The gains of the course are:
- increased body awareness and body flexibility
- focused and calmer mind
- effective communication skills
- improvement in perspective taking
- learning to give love and compassion to self and others
- learning and respecting own physical and mental boundaries
- learning to take care of self (physically and mentally)
23.08.2022 – 11.10.2022 (8 sessions, 3 hrs each) | 17h30 – 20h30
Additional one day of mindfulness/retreat from 10:00-16:00 on October 9
Location and MBSR Certificate of Attendance
The course will be held at ISI and when the weather allows at beautiful Berlin parks of our choice.
With 80% attendance, the participants will also receive the MBSR Certificate of Attendance which is required for MBSR Teacher Training.
NB: Registrations must be done up to 3 working days before the beginning of the course.
Important note: If you don’t receive any confirmation after 3 working days, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org